You’d never believe the base of these Vegan Sweet Potato Brownies is sweet potato from tasting them. They are creamy and full of chocolatey flavour.
I’m so proud of this recipe and I hope you give these a try~
Start by baking your sweet potato at 400 degrees, piece it with a fork and bake for about an hour, or until soft all the way through. Then slice it in half, scoop out the flesh and mash with a fork. Drop your oven heat to 350 degrees. Mix all the other ingredients with the sweet potato until well combined.
Then you will grease or line a loaf pan and bake these for 30-35 minutes. Let cool completely, cut and enjoy! 🙂
If you give these Vegan Sweet Potato Brownies a try let me know in a comment below or tag me on Instagram!
Vegan Sweet Potato Brownies
1 Medium Sweet Potato (Baked and Flesh Scooped Out) (1 Cup Mashed)
1/2 Cup Oat Flour
1/2 Cup Coconut Sugar
1/4 Cup Tahini
1/4 Cup Cacao Powder
1/4 Cup Maple Syrup
Tsp Vanilla Extract
1/2 Tsp Salt
1 Tsp Baking Powder
1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
Optional: 1/2 Tsp Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Pierce sweet potato with fork multiple times
- Bake sweet potato for 45-60 minutes until soft
- Slice sweet potato in half, scoop out flesh and mash with fork
- Reduce oven heat to 350 degrees
- Add tahini, maple syrup and vanilla to sweet potato and mix well.
- Add all remaining ingredients and combine
- Grease or line a loaf pan
- Bake 30-35 minutes
- Let cool completely before cutting into them
- These will keep refrigerated for up to 5 days