Happy Friday! Today I’m sharing a recipe I’ve been obsessed with lately – Tomato Baked Beans! These are sooo good, and a perfect meal prep.
If you’d like to see these beans ~in action~ check out the youtube video linked below the recipe!
I love having beans prepped for the week, they make for a great easy meal, packed with nutrition. I’ve been serving these with brown rice, spinach, and daiya vegan smoked gouda cheese diced up and all mixed together. Its an epic combination. Let me know if you try these Tomato Baked Beans in a comment below or on youtube!
Looking for more meal prep ideas? Check out this Cozy Curry Lentil Soup and Sweet Potato Lentil Soup!
Tomato Baked Beans
1 1/2 Cups Dried White Beans
1 Onion Diced
1/2 Bell Pepper Diced
4 Cups Vegetable Broth (Can do half water)
1/8 Cup Maple Syrup
1/2 Cup Tomato Sauce
2 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
1/2 Tbsp Dijion
1 Tsp Garlic Powder
1/2 Tbsp Smoked Paprika
Salt and Pepper To Taste
- Soak white beans overnight!
- Begin by prepping you onion and bell pepper
- Heat a large pot over medium heat with a splash of water or oil, add the onion and bell pepper and cook until onion is translucent
- Add the spices and cook for another minute, adding a splash of water if the pot dries out
- Add all remaining ingredients, stir to combine and bring to a boil
- Once boiling, reduce heat to low and cover and let simmer for about 45 minutes or until beans are soft
- Once soft, remove cover and continue to cook down until the beans are your desired consistency
- Serve! Or package up for meal prep.
- These will keep in the fridge for 5-7 days
Very interesting, Good work and thanks for sharing such an excellent blog
terrific as well as remarkable blog. I actually wish to thank you, for providing us far better information.