Spicing up mid November with this Spicy Squash Pasta Sauce! This warming, plant based sauce is sure to keep you warm as the weather gets colder.
This is all made in one pan and blender! Nobody wants a ton of dishes after preparing dinner. If you want this to be less spicy, simply add less or remove the red pepper flakes and jalapeño seeds.
Give this Spicy Squash Pasta Sauce a try? Let me know in a comment below or on Instagram 🙂
Looking for more dinner ideas? Check out this Instant Pot Sweet Potato Quinoa Chilli or Tex Mex Stuffed Peppers!
Spicy Squash Pasta Sauce
2 1/2 Cups Large Diced Kabocha Squash
1 Diced Onion
3-4 Cloves Garlic
1 Diced Jalapeno
1/2 Tbsp Dried Thyme
1/2 Tsp Sage
1/2 Tsp Red Pepper Flakes
1/2 Cup Plant Based Milk
Salt + Pepper To Taste
- Process squash: cut, scoop out seeds, remove skin and dice into large pieces
- Dice onion, garlic, and jalapeño
- Cook squash, onion, and jalapeño over medium heat in a pan, adding a splash of water as the pan begins to dry, keeping it moist. About 10-15 minutes depending on the size of your squash pieces
- When squash has softened, add garlic, herbs, and spices. Cook for another minute to allow pan to dry
- Add plant based milk, mix and transfer to blender
- Blend until smooth and serve as desired!
- This will keep for up to 5 days refrigerated
- For less spice, use less jalapeño seeds and red pepper flakes
Leave a Comment