Overnight Peanut Butter Cinnamon Rolls – is this real life? YES. These cinnamon rolls are vegan with a peanut butter twist and no kneading required.
I’m stoked to share this recipe – cinnamon rolls are my favourite treat and these are as simple as they get, with a fun peanut butter twist. The dough is prepared the night before – simply combine the flour, sugar, salt, and yeast in a medium bowl. In a small bowl whisk together the room temperature water with peanut butter. Add this mixture to the dry ingredients and combine. Once you get a dough ball place it in a large bowl and cover it with a clean towel. Set this aside for the night.
Twelve to eighteen hours later, prepare the filling mixture by mixing all the ingredients together. Then flour a surface and your rolling pin and roll out the dough. Roll out to about 16×12 inches. Add the filling and spread. Roll up the dough into a log, trim the ends, and cut 1 inch size rolls, you should get 14-16 small rolls total. Add the rolls to a baking tray and cover with a towel in a warm place for 30-40 minutes.
After about 20 minutes has passed, heat your oven to 350 degrees. When heated, add the rolls and bake for 15-18 minutes. While the rolls are baking mix the peanut butter and maple syrup for the glaze. After baking the rolls, drizzle the glaze overtop and ENJOY ~
If you give these Overnight Peanut Butter Cinnamon Rolls a try let me know in a comment below or tag me on Instagram @beanaroundthebowl 🙂 I’m also on youtube – check out my channel for new recipe videos every Friday.
Looking for more dessert recipes? Check out Buckwheat Vegan Almond Chocolate Chip Cookies and Spiced Sugar Cookies.
Overnight Peanut Butter Cinnamon Rolls
2 Cups AP Flour
1 Tsp Sugar
1/2 Tsp Salt
1/2 Tsp Quick Rise Yeast
1/4 Cup Creamy Natural Peanut Butter
1 Cup Room Temperature Water
1 Tbsp Sugar
1 Tbsp Cinnamon
1 Tbsp Vegan Butter
2 Tbsp Creamy Natural Peanut Butter
1 Tbsp Maple Syrup
1/4 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- Maple Peanut Glaze
1 Tbsp Natural Creamy Peanut Butter
2 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- At Night: In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, salt, yeast. In a small bowl combine the room temperature/slightly warm water and creamy peanut butter. Add the peanut water mixture to the dry ingredients and mix well with a spatula until combined. Cover with a clean dish towel and place somewhere slightly warm overnight.
- The Next Morning: Mix all ingredients for filling in a small bowl and set aside. Lightly flour a surface and place your dough on it. Flour your rolling pin and roll out the dough. Roll out to about 16×12 inches. Add the filling and spread. Roll up the dough into a log, trim the ends, and cut 1 inch size rolls, you should get 14-16 rolls total. Add the rolls to a baking tray and cover with a towel in a warm place for 30-40 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake 15-18 minutes. Remove from oven, drizzle glaze overtop and enjoy ~
- Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container for 4-5 days.
Aw, this was an extremely nice post. Taking the time and actual effort to make a superb article? Max Brent Attlee
Thank you so much 🙂
It’s a pity you don’t have a donate button! I’d certainly donate to this excellent blog!
I suppose for now I’ll settle for book-marking and adding
your RSS feed to my Google account.
I look forward to brand new updates and will share this site with
my Facebook group. Chat soon!
We stumbled over here coming from a different web
page and thought I
might as well check things out.
I like what I see so i am just following
you. Look forward to looking over your web page again.