This Mocha Peanut Butter Pie will drop jaws all around you. Literally, people will be dropping their jaws to eat it. It’s gluten free, vegan, and made with simple plant based ingredients. An oat and peanut crust, topped with a mocha peanut butter filling, drizzled with chocolate to finish. Let’s make this wacky dessert.
Beginning with our Peanut Oat Crust, preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Add oats, unsalted peanuts, and a pinch of salt to your food processor and process until roughly ground (20-25 seconds). Then add a prepared flax egg, vanilla extract, and maple syrup. Process again to combine, then transfer mixture to a pie plate. Press around base and edges until uniform, then bake for 10 minutes.
In the meantime, lets make the Mocha Peanut Filling! Add all the ingredients listed to the food processor, no need to clean it out first either :). Soft tofu, peanut butter, maple syrup, vanilla, salt, ground coffee. Process until smooth.
When the crust comes out of the oven, add the filling on top, spread out, and bake for another 25 minutes. Remove from oven, let cool and top with a drizzle of melted chocolate, chopped peanuts, and cacao nibs. ENJOY 🙂
If you give this Mocha Peanut Butter Pie a try let me know in a comment below or tag me on Instagram @beanaroundthebowl.
Mocha Peanut Butter Pie
- Peanut Oat Crust
2 Flax Eggs (2 Tbsp Ground Flax + 4 Tbsp Water)
1 1/2 Cups Oats
1/2 Cup Unsalted Peanuts
1/4 Tsp Salt
1 Tbsp Maple Syrup
1/4 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- Mocha Peanut Filling
1 Block Soft Tofu (300 grams)
1/2 Cup Natural Peanut Butter
1/4 Cup Maple Syrup
1/4 Tsp Salt
1/4 Tsp Vanilla
1/4 Tsp Ground Coffee
- Optional Toppings
2 Tbsp Melted Dark Chocolate
1 Tbsp Chopped Peanuts
1 Tbsp Cacao Nibs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare flax egg by combining ground flax and water in a small dish and set aside to thicken.
- To a food processor add the oats, unsalted peanuts, and salt. Process for 20-25 seconds to roughly chop. Add the vanilla, maple syrup and flax egg. Process again until combined, stopping to scrape down the sides. Transfer mixture to a pie plate and press down to shape. Bake for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, add all filling ingredients to the food processor (no need to clean it out first). Process until smooth, stopping to scrape sides as needed.
- When the pie crust comes out, add the filling and bake for another 25 minutes.
- After 25 minutes, remove from oven and let cool before topping with melted chocolate, chopped peanuts, and cacao nibs (if using).
- Once cooled, slice and enjoy ~