Welcome to 2021! Let’s kick the new year off with a Hearty Lentil Pasta Salad – I know I NEED this after all the holiday treats. I’ve been craving a delicious salad and this one has it all, savoury lentils, a tangy tahini dijon dressing, and fresh veggies. You can switch up the veggies based on what you have on hand to make this more flexible 🙂
There are three parts to this salad, the protein, dressing, and veggies. The savoury lentils are cooked in vegetable broth with spices such as sage, garlic, and thyme. Along with a splash of soy sauce or tamari.
For the dressing, simply add all ingredients to a small bowl and whisk to combine. This dressing is tangy and fresh, thanks to the lemon and dijon. The perfect compliment to the lentils spices.
The final portion is to cook the pasta according to directions. To make this gluten free, use brown rice pasta or any gluten free pasta of your choice. Prepare the veggies, and toss everything together in a large bowl. Serve immediately or refrigerate for 3-5 days.
Looking for more tasty meal prep ideas? Check out this Quinoa Enchilada Casserole (Dump and Bake), and Gingerbread Carrot Baked Oatmeal.
I’m on Youtube ~ Check out my channel by clicking here. I post new recipe videos every Friday 🙂
Give this Hearty Lentil Pasta Salad a try? Let me know in a comment below or tag me on Instagram. I love to see!
Hearty Lentil Pasta Salad
- Savoury Lentils
1/2 Cup Dry Green Lentils
1 1/2 Cups Vegetable Broth
1/2 Tsp Soy Sauce/Tamari
1/2 Tsp Dried Thyme
1/4 Tsp Garlic Powder
1/4 Tsp Ground Sage
- Tahini Dijon Dressing
1/2 Lemon, Juiced
1/2 Tbsp Dijon
1/2 Tbsp Maple Syrup
1/8 Cup Tahini
- For The Salad
1/2 Cup Cherry Tomatoes, Halved
1 1/2 Cups Uncooked Pasta
1 Grated Carrot
1/2 Red Onion, Thinly Sliced
1/2 Cucumber, Thinly Sliced
- Savoury Lentils: Add all ingredients to a small pot, bring to a boil, cover and reduce to a simmer. After 20 minutes remove the lid and continue to simmer until the liquid is cooked off
- Tahini Dijon Dressing: Add all ingredients to a small bowl and whisk until smooth
- Salad: Cook pasta according to directions, slice and prepare veggies.
- Combine & Serve: To a large bowl, add the lentils, veggies, pasta, and dressing. Toss to combine and serve or refrigerate.
- Leftovers can be stored in the fridge for 3-5 days
Leave a Comment