How to make Baked Tofu “Beef” Crumbles! I’m thrilled about this recipe. This takes five minutes to throw together and toss in the oven with simple ingredients you probably already have on hand.
You can use this tofu recipe for lasagna, tacos, pasta, pizza, etc. Honestly anywhere you would usually use ground beef. It couldn’t be easier to prepare. I recommend pressing your tofu in advance to remove excess water. You’ll want to use firm or extra firm tofu for this recipe. As the tofu needs to hold its shape as a crumble.
To begin, you’ll crumble the tofu into small pieces in a medium bowl. Toss it with soy sauce, olive oil, and tomato paste. Then add all the spices (nutritional yeast, oregano, chili powder, garlic powder, smoked paprika) and mix well to cover all the tofu crumbles. Transfer to a lined baking tray, spread out thinly. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes, stirring halfway.
If you give these Baked Tofu “Beef” Crumbles a try let me know in a comment below or tag me on Instagram @beanaroundthebowl 🙂
Baked Tofu “Beef” Crumbles
1 Block Firm or Extra Firm Tofu
2 Tbsp Tomato Paste
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Tbsp Soy Sauce
2 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast
1 Tsp Oregano
1 Tsp Chili Powder
1/2 Tsp Garlic Powder
1/2 Tsp Smoked Paprika
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Press the tofu to remove excess moisture, then crumble into small pieces in a medium bowl.
- Add the tomato paste, olive oil, and soy sauce. Mix to combine.
- All all remaining spices and mix well, transfer to a lined baking tray. Spread out thinly.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, stirring halfway.
- Remove from oven and serve as desired ~
- Store leftovers in fridge for 3-5 days